Savory Honey Mustard Poached Pears and Figs
Submitted by Pamela V.
Servings: 4 to 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups College Inn® Chicken Broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 pears (firm variety such as Bosc), peeled, halved and cored
- 6 ounces dried figs, stems removed
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese
- Trace diameter of large saucepan onto parchment paper. Cut out and set aside.
- Combine broth, white wine, water, mustard, 2 tablespoons honey, lemon juice and bay leaves in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pears, core-side-up, and figs; cover with vented parchment paper so pears stay fully submerged.
- Simmer 20 minutes until pears are fork-tender.
- Toast hazelnuts in small, non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat, about 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Quickly remove nuts from pan onto a separate plate.
- To serve, remove pears from poaching liquid and place onto individual salad plates. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon honey and sprinkle with nuts and cheese.
Source: College Inn