(Family Features) Experts agree that breakfast is the most important mealtime of the day, but having the same predictable dishes over and over can make this essential meal a very boring one. Instead, spice up the start of your day with a breakfast that's full of flavor. Delight your taste buds with an instant boost by adding bacon, America's favorite breakfast meat, to your morning meal.
Packing the perfect savory punch, bacon complements all breakfast staples, from pancakes and eggs to biscuits. But even these tried-and-true breakfast classics can grow lackluster over time.
Treat yourself to a better morning and a delicious breakfast by taking traditional cinnamon roll-ups and breakfast sandwiches to the next level with Farmland bacon - available in multiple varieties, including thick cut, classic cut and low sodium. Farmland bacon is slow-smoked over real hardwoods for maximum flavor intensity, which means these recipes are guaranteed to be anything but boring and are soon to become your new go-to classics.
For more ideas to boost your breakfast, bacon lovers can join an online community featuring recipes, videos, prizes, trivia, merchandise and more. Look for the Farmland Bacon Club online at FarmlandBaconClub.com, on Twitter (@FarmlandFoods) or on Facebook (Facebook.com/FarmlandFoods).
- 12 slices Farmland Applewood Smoked or Honey and Maple Bacon
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon according to package directions; drain. Combine cinnamon and sugar; mix well.
- Brush melted butter on both sides of tortilla; coat with cinnamon sugar on both sides.
- Place 3 slices bacon and 2 teaspoons applesauce on one edge of tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 16 minutes, until sugar mixture is bubbly. Cut tortilla roll-ups in half before serving. Serve warm.
- 1 can (16.3-oz.) refrigerated flaky layer biscuit dough
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese, cut into 8 small pieces
- 8 slices Farmland Honey and Maple Flavored Bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray eight muffin cups in 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces. Cook in large skillet over medium-heat until crisp; drain.
- Meanwhile, peel four biscuits in half along layers. Place each piece in greased muffin cup, pressing onto bottom and up sides.
- Carefully drain all but 1 tablespoon of grease from skillet. Add eggs, cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set. Add cream cheese and gently stir until melted. Remove from heat; stir in bacon and cheese.
- Spoon heaping 2 tablespoons of egg mixture onto each biscuit in muffin pan. Peel remaining four biscuits in half along layers. Place each piece over top of egg mixture, pushing edges down into muffin cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool five minutes before serving.