Sun-Dried Tomato Salad Dressing
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained or rehydrate if dry
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Thai Style Chili Sauce
- 4 cups rotini pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1 4-ounce package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 3.8-ounce can black olives, sliced and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped dill weed
- For dressing, whisk together sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, basil, capers, garlic and rice vinegar. Set aside.
- For salad, whisk together 1 cup salad dressing and chili sauce, set aside. In large bowl, combine pasta and remaining ingredients, tossing to combine. Serve with salad dressing.
2008 Grand Prize winning recipe by: Edwina Gadsby of Great Falls, Mont.
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, drained, flaked and picked over for cartilage
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) or canned sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro or Thai basil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Canola oil for frying
- Thai Chili Roasted Garlic Dipping Sauce or other favorite dipping sauce
- In medium bowl combine eggs, fish or soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and ginger. Stir in crabmeat, corn, green onions and cilantro. Add flour; stir until ingredients are combined.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/2-inch canola oil until hot. Carefully spoon crab mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into hot oil, flattening slightly with spoon. Cook fritters about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Makes 6 appetizer or first-course servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Serve with a bottle of chilled Rías Baixas Albariño wine.