- 4 ounces bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups Wolfgang Puck Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 3 large Russet potatoes, cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives
- Cook bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from saucepan. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add butter to saucepan and cook and stir until melted.
- Add leeks, onion, carrot and garlic to saucepan and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth.
- Add potatoes and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the broth mixture is thickened.
- Stir cream and cheese in saucepan and cook until cheese is melted. Season with black pepper. Crumble bacon. Sprinkle soup with bacon and chives before serving.
Makes 6 servings
Feel free to double or triple this recipe.
- 1 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke heart quarters
- 9 slices bacon, cut in half
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Drain artichoke heart quarters, reserving liquid.
- Wrap each artichoke heart quarter with a half-slice bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place on baking sheet. Drizzle with reserved liquid from artichokes. Roast 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
Makes: 18 pieces
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Spray 9 x 9 x 2-inch foil pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place half the onions, potatoes, cheese, bacon bits, bell pepper and garlic salt in pan. Repeat layers.
- Cover tightly with foil; grill over medium heat for 1 hour, rotating pan occasionally to avoid hot spots.
Total Fat: 2.5g
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Hungry Jack Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- MIX sour cream and water in medium bowl until well combined. Add pancake mix, cheese and bacon pieces. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with paprika. Serve warm.
Makes 24 appetizers
Source Hungry Jack
(Family Features) Experts agree that breakfast is the most important mealtime of the day, but having the same predictable dishes over and over can make this essential meal a very boring one. Instead, spice up the start of your day with a breakfast that's full of flavor. Delight your taste buds with an instant boost by adding bacon, America's favorite breakfast meat, to your morning meal.
Packing the perfect savory punch, bacon complements all breakfast staples, from pancakes and eggs to biscuits. But even these tried-and-true breakfast classics can grow lackluster over time.
Treat yourself to a better morning and a delicious breakfast by taking traditional cinnamon roll-ups and breakfast sandwiches to the next level with Farmland bacon - available in multiple varieties, including thick cut, classic cut and low sodium. Farmland bacon is slow-smoked over real hardwoods for maximum flavor intensity, which means these recipes are guaranteed to be anything but boring and are soon to become your new go-to classics.
For more ideas to boost your breakfast, bacon lovers can join an online community featuring recipes, videos, prizes, trivia, merchandise and more. Look for the Farmland Bacon Club online at FarmlandBaconClub.com, on Twitter (@FarmlandFoods) or on Facebook (Facebook.com/FarmlandFoods).
- 12 slices Farmland Applewood Smoked or Honey and Maple Bacon
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon according to package directions; drain. Combine cinnamon and sugar; mix well.
- Brush melted butter on both sides of tortilla; coat with cinnamon sugar on both sides.
- Place 3 slices bacon and 2 teaspoons applesauce on one edge of tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 16 minutes, until sugar mixture is bubbly. Cut tortilla roll-ups in half before serving. Serve warm.
- 1 can (16.3-oz.) refrigerated flaky layer biscuit dough
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese, cut into 8 small pieces
- 8 slices Farmland Honey and Maple Flavored Bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray eight muffin cups in 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces. Cook in large skillet over medium-heat until crisp; drain.
- Meanwhile, peel four biscuits in half along layers. Place each piece in greased muffin cup, pressing onto bottom and up sides.
- Carefully drain all but 1 tablespoon of grease from skillet. Add eggs, cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set. Add cream cheese and gently stir until melted. Remove from heat; stir in bacon and cheese.
- Spoon heaping 2 tablespoons of egg mixture onto each biscuit in muffin pan. Peel remaining four biscuits in half along layers. Place each piece over top of egg mixture, pushing edges down into muffin cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool five minutes before serving.
(Family Features) - When you want to bring the family together for a great meal this holiday season but don't have a lot of time to cook, stock up on flavorful ingredients to make your job easy and your whole family happy.
Whether you're serving a hearty breakfast, fun party appetizers or a casual dinner, using Johnsonville Sausage is a simple way to make your recipes taste more delicious than ever. With all the spices and seasonings you need included right in the sausage, you'll save time and have a flavorful meal sure to bring your family together this holiday season.
For more ways to add great taste to your holidays, visit www.johnsonville.com.
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 16-ounce package Johnsonville Italian All Natural Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 large container of chunky pasta sauce
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach, packed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside. Sauté Italian sausage, onion and garlic in a skillet until sausage is browned; drain. Add pasta sauce to sausage mixture and set aside.
- In medium bowl, blend ricotta cheese, egg and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray and spread 1 cup sauce mixture on the bottom. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread 1/4 cup ricotta cheese mixture on noodles and layer on 1 cup sauce mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup spinach and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat this whole process 3 more times starting with the noodles; top with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to finish.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Yield 6 to 8 servings
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 6 English muffins cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly; cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, layer half the English muffin cubes and half the cooked sausage. Repeat layers. Drizzle with butter and top with the cheese, onion and red pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes.
Yield 12 servings
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 16-ounce package Johnsonville Italian All Natural Ground Sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In large bowl, combine egg, milk and breadcrumbs. Let stand for 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Add sausage; mix well. Shape into meatballs.
- In a large skillet, sauté meatballs in olive oil until golden brown and no longer pink.
- Serve with your favorite pasta sauce and noodles.
Yield approximately 12 meatballs
- 3 packages Johnsonville Smoked Sausage, such as Beddar with Cheddar, BOLD Jalapeno & Cheddar or Chili Cheese, Smoked Turkey, Turkey with Cheddar or Polish sausage
Spicy Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 2 cups Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) hot sauce
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) blue cheese salad dressing
Orange Bourbon Barbecue Dip
- 1 cup bourbon or original barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
Chinese Dipping Sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounces) hoisin sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounces) plum sauce
Creamy Mustard Dip
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
Cajun Mustard Dip
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
Cut sausage links into 1-inch pieces. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until lightly browned and heated through. Serve with toothpicks and dipping sauces.
Spicy Hot Buffalo Sauce:
In microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and hot sauce. Cover and microwave on high for about 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until smooth. Serve buffalo sauce in one bowl and blue cheese dressing in another bowl. Yield: 2 cups Buffalo Sauce plus 2 cups Blue Cheese Dressing
Orange Bourbon Barbecue Dip:
In microwave-safe bowl, combine barbecue sauce and orange marmalade. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1 1/4 cups
Chinese Dipping Sauce:
In microwave-safe bowl, combine hoisin sauce and plum sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Creamy Mustard Dip:
In a bowl, combine the mustard, sour cream and horseradish. Yield: 1 1/3 cups
Cajun Mustard Dip:
In a bowl, combine the mustard, seasoning and hot pepper sauce. Yield: 1 cup
Yield 18 servings