- 4 (10- to 14-ounce) Omaha Steaks rib eye steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 teaspoons Blackening Seasoning (recipe below) or Omaha Steaks Blackened Seasoning
- 1 cup Creamy Horseradish Sauce (recipe below) or Omaha Steaks Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- Heat a cast iron skillet until very hot, in a well ventilated area.
- Brush steaks with olive oil.
- Coat each side of the steaks with 1 teaspoon of blackening seasoning.
- Place steaks in the iron skillet, flipping steaks halfway through cooking. To cook a 1-inch-thick steak medium rare, cook about 4 minutes on first side and 3 minutes on other side.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of Creamy Horseradish Sauce on each plate before topping with the cooked steak.
- Blackening Seasoning - Yield 1 cup -Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce - Yield 1 cup -Combine all ingredients and mix well.
SOURCE: Omaha Steaks
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds beef sirloin
- In small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, rosemary, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Trim meat if needed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Transfer to large bowl.
- Spoon half of mustard mixture over beef; toss gently to coat. Place in zipper plastic bag and marinate for least an hour in the refrigerator.
- On 10-inch skewers, thread meat, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces.
- Preheat grill.
- Reduce heat to medium (on a gas grill). Place meat skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill 8 to 10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining mustard mixture halfway through grilling.
30 minutes, plus marinade time
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
By Shana Beattie
SOURCE: United Soybean Board