(Family Features) When the scent of fresh blooms begins to fill the air, it’s a sure sign that spring has sprung. It’s the perfect time of year to gather loved ones for a leisurely meal, then linger over dessert as you enjoy this season of refreshment.
No dessert menu is complete without an array of treats, and these creamy, homemade Blueberry Key Lime Cheesecake Bars are the perfect way to put a sweet finishing touch on your celebrations. Or go for a crowd pleaser with this Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert and its smooth, velvety texture and plump, juicy cherries.
The secret ingredient in each of these desserts is Lucky Leaf Fruit Fillings, which are GMO-free and contain plenty of fruit – and no high-fructose corn syrup – for exceptional tasting desserts every time. With popular flavors like apple, blueberry, cherry and strawberry, you have plenty of convenient, versatile ways to dress up desserts.
Find more tasty treats for all your spring entertaining at luckyleaf.com.
Blueberry Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
Recipe courtesy of Inside BruCrew Life blog
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 30 vanilla cream-filled cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- green gel food coloring (optional)
- 1 can (21 ounces) Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling, divided
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping, thawed
- key lime slices (optional)
- Place baking sheet on bottom rack of oven. Fill halfway with water. Heat oven to 325° F. Line 9-by-13-inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Using food processor, pulse cookies until crumbly. Stir together crumbs and butter. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add sugar and sour cream, and beat again until smooth. Add key lime juice, zest and flour, and beat until mixed thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat gently after each. Add green food coloring to cheesecake mixture, if desired.
- Spread cheesecake batter evenly over crust in pan. Add 1 cup of blueberry pie filling over top of cheesecake. Use butter knife to gently swirl pie filling into cheesecake. Do not let knife go through to crust.
- Place pan on oven rack above tray of water. Bake 45-48 minutes. Remove immediately and place on wire rack for 1 hour then place in refrigerator until completely chilled.
- Cut into 24 squares and serve with whipped topping, remaining pie filling and key lime wedges.
Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert
Recipe courtesy of Lemon Tree Dwelling blog
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces whipped topping, divided
- 2 small boxes cheesecake-flavored pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (21 ounces) Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup. chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, finely chopped pecans and butter.
- Press into 9-by-13-inch baking pan; bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 1/2 cups whipped topping. Mix until smooth; spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Combine cheesecake pudding mix, milk and 1 1/2 cups whipped topping, and mix until smooth. Spread evenly over cream cheese layer in pan.
- Top with pie filling, remaining whipped topping and chopped pecans.
Source: Lucky Leaf
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened and divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and divided
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained and cut in half
- 10 to 12 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- Additional chopped nuts for garnish
- 1 (1-ounce) square semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, 4 tablespoons lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Chill.
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add flour and nuts; mix well.
- On lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet, press dough into 12-inch circle, forming rim around edge. Prick with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Arrange 2 sliced bananas on cooled crust. Spoon filling evenly over bananas. Dip remaining banana slices in remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice; arrange on top along with pineapple, cherries and additional nuts.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate with remaining 1 tablespoon butter; drizzle over pie. Chill thoroughly. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Makes one (12-inch) pizza
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: Crust and filling can be made in advance and held until ready to assemble. Cover crust and store at room temperature; store filling in refrigerator. Best if eaten same day as assembled.
- 9 whole Honey Maid Honey Grahams, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups crumbs)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (6 ounces) white baking chocolate, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- PREHEAT oven to 300°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 275°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix graham crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom of pan. Melt 5 of the chocolate squares as directed on package.
- BEAT cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, beating until well blended. Add melted chocolate and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- BAKE 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- MIX pie filling and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla; spoon over cheesecake. Melt remaining chocolate square as directed on package; drizzle over cherries. Let stand until firm. Cut into 16 slices to serve.
30 minutes plus refrigerating
Makes 16 servings.