- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) mild enchilada sauce
- 8 small corn tortillas (6-inch diameter)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded jalapeño pepper cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into 1/2-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup enchilada sauce from one can. Set aside remaining sauce from that can.
- Pour second can enchilada sauce into shallow dish. Dip tortillas, one at a time, into sauce to coat both sides. Spoon beef mixture evenly down centers of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam-side down in 12- x 8-inch baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 350°F oven 15 minutes. Remove aluminum foil. Spoon reserved enchilada sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Preparation and Cooking Time
Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 of recipe)
Zesty enchilada sauce and diced green chiles give these chicken enchiladas their kick. Serve them with Mexican rice and spicy black beans.
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce, divided
- 2 cups cooked, shredded boneless, skinless chicken breast meat
- 1 cup Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, drained
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease 11- by 7-inch baking dish.
- SPREAD 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of prepared baking dish. Combine chicken, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup cheese and chiles in medium bowl. Spoon chicken mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam-side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and chives, if desired.