Mini Three-Cheese Balls
Yields 24 to 30 balls
- 1 4-ounce log fresh goat cheese
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups coarsely grated Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 cup non fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- Dash hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans
- In a food processor, process cheeses with onion, yogurt and chives until well blended. If you'd like, add a dash of hot sauce.
- Shape into mini balls and roll in slivered almonds or chopped pecans and chives, or spread in serving dish and top with nuts/chives.
- Chill several hours or until ready to serve. Serve with flat breads, fresh vegetables, etc.
Tip: You can also mix nuts into cheese mixture and use to stuff cherry tomatoes and peppadews, sweet peppers or top cucumber rounds, mini party breads, etc. Chill several hours or until ready to serve.