It only takes 5 ingredients to make this creamy delight that is so simple to make and so delicious. You’ll want to double or even triple the recipe because it will not last long.
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup minature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 (8oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together. Chill.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
(Family Features) Little ones (and big ones too) will have fun making these adorable Easter Lamb Carrot Cupcakes. Easter is a special time for bringing families together. Make memories happen in the kitchen when you get hands on with these sweet cupcakes made with Dixie Crystals Sugar. Marshmallow lambs sitting atop moist carrot cupcakes on a bed of green coconut grass are a sure way to sweeten any family gathering.
For more recipes to add fun and flavor to your Easter festivities, visit www.dixiecrystals.com.
Easter Lamb Carrot Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 4 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dried egg whites
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- Green food coloring
- Black food coloring
- 1 bag regular size marshmallows
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- 24-36 pink jelly beans
- 24 black jelly beans
- 12-16 hard candy caramels
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place 16 cupcake liners in cupcake or muffin tin and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and vegetable oil until well blended. Add sugar, salt and vanilla; mix well.
- Add carrots, pineapple and nuts and combine well. Stir in flour mixture.
- Scoop into paper cups about 2/3 full. (May make more depending on size.)
- Bake until center of cupcakes bounce back when lightly pressed or inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 23 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.
- For frosting, mix cream cheese and soft butter on low speed until blended. Add one cup powdered sugar and mix on low speed. Gradually add remaining powdered sugar and mix on low to medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well. Set aside covered in refrigerator.
- Place coconut in bowl and add drop of green food color, mix by gloved hand until color is well distributed. (Add touch of yellow if color is too harsh.)
- Fill piping bag or food storage bag fitted with medium round decorating tip with cream cheese frosting.
- Prepare 2 small paper piping bags; set aside to prepare icing.
- To make royal icing, sift together powdered sugar with dried egg whites and place in bowl. Add water and lemon juice and whip several minutes to stiff mixture. Thin mixture with water if necessary.
- Place 3 – 4 tablespoons of royal icing in a small bowl and tint with black food coloring.
- Fill 2 small piping bags; one with white and the other with black royal icing. Set aside.
- Using cream cheese frosting pipe generous circle of frosting onto cupcake.
- Cut large marshmallow crosswise in half. Lay one and a half large marshmallows horizontally onto cupcake. Pipe thin layer of cream cheese frosting onto marshmallows.
- Starting at bottom surround large marshmallows with miniature marshmallows. Pipe a little cream cheese frosting onto first layer of mini marshmallow and stack another layer of mini marshmallows. Continue until completely covered.
- Press green coconut onto edges of cupcake.
- Position cupcake so circle side of large marshmallow faces you.
- For head, place hard caramel onto top edge of large marshmallow and ensure it is resting onto miniature marshmallows. (Remove some marshmallows to fit if necessary.)
- For ears, cut pink jelly bean lengthwise in half. Pinch beans to make pointy. Place next to head and use a little cream cheese frosting to make them stick.
- Cut black jelly beans in fours to create feet. Cut black jelly bean lengthwise to create tail. Attach with cream cheese frosting.
- Using white royal icing pipe eyes, followed by black. Pipe with black royal icing for nostrils.
Notes: When measuring flour, avoid firmly packing measuring cup. Mixing frosting on high will make it runny and too soft.
Source: Dixie Crystals Sugar
A Bunny for Your Honey
(Family Features) Every year, friends and family emerge from hibernation to say farewell to winter and welcome spring with open arms. Whether you’re celebrating Easter, Earth Day or any other cheery spring occasion, this darling Bunny Cake is a great way to enjoy the happiness and rebirth that comes along with the season.
Children will love helping with this simple Bunny Cake recipe because they can customize it to make it their own. For example, surround your bunny cake with some grass made out of shredded coconut that has been colored with green food color, or really make the cake stand out by making it a polka-dotted or striped bunny. The Easy Bunny Cake recipe, which makes a pair of bunny cakes, is also a great centerpiece until it is time to indulge and enjoy.
If you have more than a few guests, bake multiple bunny cakes, split up into teams, offer several different types of candies and decorations and challenge each team to come up a creative bunny cake.
After the cakes are judged and the dessert is enjoyed, send the kids outside for bunny hop races. In this relay race, the participants, who are split into two teams, will take turns hopping through the pre-determined course and pass to the next person by transferring bunny ears or a carrot stick.
For the Easy Bunny Cake and many other fun and delicious recipes, perfect for spring, visit www.BettyCrocker.com.
Easy Bunny Cake
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 2 hours 10 min
Makes: 2 bunny cakes, 16 servings
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 containers (1 pound each) Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Neon purple and/or pink food color
- Construction paper (inedible)
- 2 small marshmallows, cut in half, flattened
- 2 small jelly beans, cut in half
- 2 5-inch strips rainbow-colored sour candy, separated into strips
- 2 large jelly beans or candy-coated chocolate-covered peanut candies
- 2 rectangular-shaped white chewing gum pieces, cut in half
- 2 large marshmallows
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make, bake and cool cake as directed on box for 2 (8- or 9-inch) round cake pans, using water, oil and eggs.
2. In medium bowl, tint 1 container frosting with neon purple food color. Using 1 cake round, cut in half to form 2 semicircles. Arrange halves on serving plate with cut side down and flat sides together with 1/4 cup frosting to form body.
3. Frost cake with frosting. Cut teardrop-shaped ears from construction paper; insert into cake. Using toothpicks to attach, use 2 small marshmallow halves and 2 small jelly bean halves for eyes. Use large jelly bean for nose and sour candy strips for whiskers. Place gum halves just below nose for teeth. Use large marshmallow for tail.
4. Repeat with remaining cake to make second bunny, using pink neon food color. Frost and decorate as above.
Betty Crocker® and SuperMoist® are Reg. T.M.s of General Mills Inc.
Source: Betty Crocker