1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons Old El Paso salsa
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese (6 ounces)
8 Old El Paso flour tortillas (8 inches in diameter)
4 teaspoons butter or margarine
Mash beans slightly; stir together with salsa, green onion, cilantro and cheese. Divide mixture among 4 tortillas, spreading almost to edges. Top with remaining tortillas.
Melt 1 teaspoon butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-low to medium heat. Cook 1 quesadilla in butter 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Cut into wedges. Repeat with remaining butter and quesadillas.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chiles
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup jalapeño Jack cheese, shredded
- 10 Mission Corn Tortillas, warmed
- Sauté onion and garlic in a large oiled skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add chiles, chicken and enchilada sauce; cook 2 minutes. Fold in cheese. Remove from heat.
- Dip each warmed tortilla in water; shake off excess. Fill each tortilla with 1/3 cup chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam-side down in an oiled baking pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes. Broil for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Source: Mission Foods