Sun-Dried Tomato Salad Dressing
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained or rehydrate if dry
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Thai Style Chili Sauce
- 4 cups rotini pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1 4-ounce package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 3.8-ounce can black olives, sliced and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped dill weed
- For dressing, whisk together sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, basil, capers, garlic and rice vinegar. Set aside.
- For salad, whisk together 1 cup salad dressing and chili sauce, set aside. In large bowl, combine pasta and remaining ingredients, tossing to combine. Serve with salad dressing.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Tangy Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place ground beef, egg yolks, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic salt, oregano, pepper and olives in bowl of electric stand mixer. Attach flat beater to mixer. Turn to low and mix for 1 minute.
- Form mixture into 30 (1-inch) balls and fry in olive oil until well browned. Drain on paper towels. Warm Tangy Barbecue Sauce and pour over meatballs. Serve warm from chafing dish.
- Tangy Barbecue Sauce (Makes 2 cups) - Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Mix well and cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Cool sauce and store covered in refrigerator until needed.
Makes 30 meatballs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 table-spoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 3 large) unpeeled russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Combine oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Add potato slices and turn to coat. Grill potatoes for 16 to 18 minutes or until cooked through and nicely browned, turning once.
Makes 4 servings