(Family Features) Today’s busy families need meal ideas that are convenient, nutritious, delicious – and affordable. With some simple planning and easy recipes, it’s a snap to feed a family of four in no time.
Creating a weekly meal plan is the easiest way to save time and money.
- Plan meals that call for minimal cooking: Have a salad, bread and cold side dishes ready to go. That way, you only have the main dish to prepare.
- Plan for leftovers: Instead of leaving leftover chicken in the fridge, plan ahead to use it in another dish. Or, cook up the recipe here – Ragú® Pasta Sauce has expanded its offering of convenient large size jars, perfect for making crowd-pleasing recipes or planning for several meals.
- Plan on stocking up: Have plenty of frozen veggies, rice, pasta and other staples on hand so you can easily add something new to your menus.
This recipe makes tasty use of Ragú® Old World Style pasta sauce, which contains more than a full serving of veggies in every half cup of sauce. This means you get convenient, nutritious dishes for less than $2 per serving. For more easy, family-friendly recipes, visit www.Ragu.com.
Skillet Pasta and Beef Dinner
Moms can cook both the pasta and beef in the same pan, leaving only one pan to clean!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Cost per serving*: $1.81
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (2 lb. 13 oz.) Ragú® Old World Style Pasta Sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef in 6-quart saucepot; drain.
- Stir in sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Stir in uncooked rotini; return to a boil. Reduce heat and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 14 minutes or until rotini is tender.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand covered until cheese is melted.
Visit www.Ragu.com to find out how to make this dish with the traditional 26 oz jars of pasta sauce.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.