Mucho Choco Tacos
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Start to Finish: 40 Minutes
Makes: 8 tacos
- 8 Old El Paso Stand 'N Stuff taco shells (from 4.7-oz box)
- 1 (24-ounce) package chocolate-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sliced bananas
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 aerosol can whipped cream topping
- 8 mint leaves, if desired
- Heat oven to 325°F. Heat taco shells as directed on box. Meanwhile, melt chocolate candy coating as directed on package.
- Carefully dip each taco shell into melted chocolate, using spoon to get chocolate on inside of shell; hold shells above bowl to let excess chocolate drip off. Stand shells upright on waxed paper; let stand until chocolate hardens, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix strawberries and bananas. Divide fruit evenly into taco shells.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave fudge topping on High 30 to 45 seconds or until soft. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla. Drizzle topping over fruit in shells. Top with whipped cream; garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Source: General Mills Inc.
(Family Features) When the scent of fresh blooms begins to fill the air, it’s a sure sign that spring has sprung. It’s the perfect time of year to gather loved ones for a leisurely meal, then linger over dessert as you enjoy this season of refreshment.
No dessert menu is complete without an array of treats, and these creamy, homemade Blueberry Key Lime Cheesecake Bars are the perfect way to put a sweet finishing touch on your celebrations. Or go for a crowd pleaser with this Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert and its smooth, velvety texture and plump, juicy cherries.
The secret ingredient in each of these desserts is Lucky Leaf Fruit Fillings, which are GMO-free and contain plenty of fruit – and no high-fructose corn syrup – for exceptional tasting desserts every time. With popular flavors like apple, blueberry, cherry and strawberry, you have plenty of convenient, versatile ways to dress up desserts.
Find more tasty treats for all your spring entertaining at luckyleaf.com.
Blueberry Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
Recipe courtesy of Inside BruCrew Life blog
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 30 vanilla cream-filled cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- green gel food coloring (optional)
- 1 can (21 ounces) Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling, divided
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping, thawed
- key lime slices (optional)
- Place baking sheet on bottom rack of oven. Fill halfway with water. Heat oven to 325° F. Line 9-by-13-inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Using food processor, pulse cookies until crumbly. Stir together crumbs and butter. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add sugar and sour cream, and beat again until smooth. Add key lime juice, zest and flour, and beat until mixed thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat gently after each. Add green food coloring to cheesecake mixture, if desired.
- Spread cheesecake batter evenly over crust in pan. Add 1 cup of blueberry pie filling over top of cheesecake. Use butter knife to gently swirl pie filling into cheesecake. Do not let knife go through to crust.
- Place pan on oven rack above tray of water. Bake 45-48 minutes. Remove immediately and place on wire rack for 1 hour then place in refrigerator until completely chilled.
- Cut into 24 squares and serve with whipped topping, remaining pie filling and key lime wedges.
Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert
Recipe courtesy of Lemon Tree Dwelling blog
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces whipped topping, divided
- 2 small boxes cheesecake-flavored pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (21 ounces) Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup. chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, finely chopped pecans and butter.
- Press into 9-by-13-inch baking pan; bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 1/2 cups whipped topping. Mix until smooth; spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Combine cheesecake pudding mix, milk and 1 1/2 cups whipped topping, and mix until smooth. Spread evenly over cream cheese layer in pan.
- Top with pie filling, remaining whipped topping and chopped pecans.
Source: Lucky Leaf
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice from concentrate and drained
- 1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell or 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- Whipping cream, whipped
- In heavy saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir in sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; add margarine and vanilla. Cool slightly. Arrange 2 sliced bananas on bottom of prepared pastry shell.
- Pour filling over bananas; cover.
- Chill 4 hours or until set. Spread top with whipped cream; garnish with remaining banana slices. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes one 9-inch pie
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen red rasp-berries in syrup, thawed, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice from concentrate
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- In saucepan, combine one package undrained raspberries and cornstarch; cook and stir until thickened and clear. Chill while making mousse mixture.
- In blender, combine remaining package drained raspberries, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice; blend until smooth. Place in bowl; stir in small amount of food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon half mousse mixture into dessert dishes; top with equal portions of raspberry sauce then remaining mousse mixture. Chill at least 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 12 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*Option: Use Eagle Brand Fat Free instead of Eagle Brand Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk
Replace frozen raspberries with strawberries or blueberries.